- Victorinox Swiss Army follows a classic marketing strategy and markets the I.N.O.X. watch on paid digital channels. The central selling point is the product quality and the incredible durability of the watch.
- Various YouTube videos by Victorinox Swiss Army demonstrate this quality and robustness with 130 ruthless strength tests.
- The promotional videos awake the interest of users on social media platforms. Accordingly, the videos are frequently commented on and shared.
- Direct communication between the brand and target group is not in the foreground of this marketing strategy; however, there is great potential to engage the user further.
- The marketing strategy of Victorinox Swiss Army highlights the outstanding product quality, but looks to increase the direct involvement of the target group.
- The new advertising campaign ensures more awareness of the I.N.O.X. watch and enhanced user interaction with the brand.
- The user engagement rises. Fans, existing and potential customers share their own experiences with the I.N.O.X. watch.
- The unique features and high quality materials of the I.N.O.X. watch are communicated in a playful manner.
- The user-generated content provides inspiration for new advertising videos.
- An interdisciplinary project setup builds the basis for the cooperation between Victorinox Swiss Army and the Webrepublic digital marketing consulting team: it begins with the idea generation and concept of the campaign and is followed by the implementation and measurement of results, up to the kickoff for follow-up projects.
- An analysis of the target group demonstrates how Victorinox Swiss Army uses content marketing and gamification successfully by focusing on the needs of the user as a central premise of the campaign.
- From this, the idea of «Challenge the I.N.O.X.» arises, a competition offering users a playful invitation to submit their own ideas for testing the robustness of the I.N.O.X. watch.
- For the implementation of the competition, Victorinox Swiss Army and Webrepublic collaboratively develop a new microsite on which the voting battle will take place.
- With the support of Webrepublic, Victorinox Swiss Army launches paid Facebook and YouTube preroll advertising to attract quality traffic to the website.
User engagement and awareness
- The interest and participation in the competition exceeds expectations: visitors to the microsite submit 2,496 unique ideas.
- A Victorinox jury selects and publishes a total of 479 ideas.
- 7,488 users vote for the ideas that they want to see implemented on victorinox.com.
- During the competition, traffic to the site increases by 20%.
- The two best ideas will be filmed and published on YouTube and Facebook. The echo in the community is overwhelmingly positive.
- The Facebook ads for the challenge reach a total of 1,963,996 people. Compared with regular Facebook ads from Victorinox Swiss Army, twice as many impressions are generated.
- During the one-month campaign runtime, the Victorinox Swiss Army Facebook page receives 600 new page likes. This growth is significantly above that of previous months.
- On YouTube, preroll ads generate 559,203 impressions.