Migros Online is the leading Swiss online supermarket with ambitious revenue growth goals for 2022 and beyond. To achieve these, Migros Online is strongly dedicated to a test-and-learn approach across Facebook and Instagram to constantly optimize their campaigns and benefit from first-mover advantages.
- Webrepublic customer since:2019
Maximize efficiency of campaigns across Meta Platforms
- Increase conversions
- Decrease Cost-per-Action (CPA)
Test and implement automation in social media marketing campaigns
- Increase campaign performance as part of the Always-On Test-and-Learn Approach
- Benefit from first-mover advantage
”We have adopted a test-and-learn approach with a continuous A/B testing agenda and out-of-the-box thinking, having a single goal in mind: to enhance our customers' quality of life. I am happy to share this commitment with Webrepublic and Meta through a test-and-learn journey.”
Head of Digital Marketing, Media & Content, Migros Online
To increase its online sales and drive further efficiency of their campaigns across Meta Platforms, Migros Online and Webrepublic decided to introduce and test Advantage+ shopping campaigns (ASC). This new social commerce solution leverages machine learning to help reach relevant audiences more efficiently. Compared to manual Shopping Ads, ASC offers a simplified campaign setup process with the ultimate goal of having a more automated campaign and ad delivery.
To understand and assess the performance impact of the new solution, in an A/B test, Migros Online compared their usual Conversion+ Catalog Sales campaigns with the new Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns (ASC).
Screenshots of Migros Online's dynamic carousel ads
- 37.6% Lower cost per attributed purchase when using Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns instead of their Business-as-Usual Conversion Campaigns (Date: August 2022, comparison via A/B test)
- 61.8% Higher purchase ROAS (Return of Ad Spend) for Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns compared to their Business-as-Usual Conversion Campaigns (7-Day Click, 1-Day View Attribution Window)
“At Webrepublic, we aim to take a data-driven approach to drive performance results of our clients and advise them on the latest product innovations across digital channels. The new Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns have proven to be a strong lever to significantly improve ROAS for Migros Online.”
Senior Consultant Social Media Marketing, Webrepublic AG