With content such as promotions in the stores, the personal Cumulus points balance, or digital stamp cards, Migros has been making the shopping experience of its customers increasingly practical with the "Shop and Save" app since 2014. Migros now wants to expand the existing user base and simultaneously promote interaction with the app's content, especially the new digital stamp cards.
- Webrepublic customer since:2011
- Increase app installations, in-app actions, and app engagement
- Reduce cost per installation (CPI) and cost per action (CPA)
“The increase in downloads we saw as the Google campaign gained momentum was amazing. And all this at a record-breakingly low cost per install. The testing of assets and the regular performance updates contributed significantly to this success.”
Project Manager Digital Media, Migros
To address a broad target group of Android and iOS users, Google App Campaigns are a good choice thanks to their extensive inventory. Webrepublic builds the campaign according to best practice: With the app campaigns, users are presented with text, picture, video, and HTML5 announcements in three steps.
App installations: The first phase of the app campaign aims to expand the user base. Potential users are encouraged to install the app.
Webrepublic continuously analyzes individual advertising media. poorly performing advertising media are paused to lower the CPI.
Ads for advertising the app
In a second step, the campaign aims to generate high-quality installations to increase interaction with the app.
The Google algorithm decides which users are most likely to execute an in-app action and plays the ads accordingly. Examples of in-app actions are linking their personal Cumulus account or adding a promotional item to their personal shopping list.
Ads that promote interaction
App engagement: The third step of the campaign increases the value of the created user base: The users gained from steps 1 and 2 are presented with specific content in the third phase. A digital stamp card encourages users to shop more frequently at Migros, thus increasing the frequency of purchases in the stores.
Ads to activate the users
- App installations: 32% increase in installations compared to the same period last year. 49% lower CPI than the target CPI.
- In-app actions: 29% more in-app actions (such as linking their Cumulus account to the app) in June 2020 than in the period before the campaign launch.
- App engagement: 38% more in-app actions (such as activating the Cumulus Stamp Card) in the first two weeks after campaign launch compared to the same period last year.
“The use of Google App Campaigns enabled us to advertise the Migros App on a broad basis, tailored to the customer's needs. With a staggered go-live of the various formats, we developed a strategically sensible campaign that shines with very efficient results.