For abilio’s new trip planner app, Webrepublic used the Apple Search Ads channel right from the start in order to benefit from the first mover effect. This is making it possible to reach potential users and increase the number of downloads.
abilio is a mobility app that includes all forms of transportation in Switzerland for the purposes of calculating a highly individualized route to the user’s destination. The app defines mobility as a service and continues to offer new innovative features and improvements, such as swipe-in or walk-in.
As a new provider in the relatively new but rapidly growing market of mobility apps, it is essential to target potential users on the major platforms and increase the number of app downloads and active users.
- Sector:Transportation Company
- Webrepublic customer since:2017
- Increasing the visibility and number of downloads of the new app
- Effectively deploying available resources on various channels
«With abilio, we are navigating a very innovative landscape, so newness, innovation and agility are also essential for distributing the app. Webrepublic is meeting these requirements perfectly through the targeted approach it has taken with the new Apple Search Ads marketing channel.»
Verantwortliche Online Marketing, abilio
Advertising in the search results of the Apple App Store in Switzerland has been possible since October 17, 2017. After a study conducted by Apple in 2017 showed that 65% of all app downloads followed directly from searches, abilio decided to use this new channel from day one in collaboration with Webrepublic.
Webrepublic is managing the strategic planning, implementation and optimization of the Apple Search Ads campaigns. Customized keyword analyses enable the targeting of relevant potential users with abilio ads in the Apple Store’s search results. The campaigns can be optimized with respect to pricing per installation while at the same time increasing the conversion rate.
- abilio is tapping into the first mover effect and reaching new potential users at a relatively low cost per installation.
- As a purely pull-based channel, Apple Search Ads covers a strategically important audience characterized by its relevant searches and high purchasing power.
- After just six months, Apple Search Ads have proven to be a profitable channel that perfectly complements the universal app campaign (UAC).
- Compared to the segmented performance figures for the Google Search and Google Play Store channels in the UAC, Apple Search Ads yielded 52% lower costs per installation under similar conditions and an increase in the conversion rate by a factor of 1.6.
- The click-through rate of Apple Search Ads is twice that of the universal app campaign, making it a profitable addition nonetheless, despite its smaller coverage.
«We think it’s really exciting to work with young, innovative and ambitious brands like abilio that are eager to experiment and find out what potential the new channels have to offer. Apple Search Ads, which launched in Switzerland in October 2017, has allowed us to take full advantage of this channel from the very beginning and continue to develop and expand the campaigns.»
Director Performance Marketing, Webrepublic AG