- Tom Hanan has been appointed to the board of IAB Switzerland, the most important Swiss industry association. Tom will support IAB in running generic marketing for the digital advertising market and setting regulatory standards for the sector.
- More and more customers expect an agency to be a sparring partner as well as just a service provider. What does this mean for the daily work at an agency? Werbewoche reports on two Zurich agencies.
- A/B tests are indispensable when it comes to optimizing an existing website or app. Webrepublic was certified as an official partner of Optimizely, the world’s leading platform for A/B testing, at the beginning of May.
- We are pleased to support the virtual reality event Tech Tuesday from June 7. To get a taste of the event, we recommend a look at this impressive project by Mammut.
- kununu has once again honored the most popular employers in the city of Zurich, and Webrepublic is at the top of the Internet/Multimedia category.
- Welcome on board: Christian (Consultant Web Analytics), Adela (Consultant Data Intelligence & Reporting), Andrea (Consultant SEA) and Silvio (Frontend Developer).
- Discover more about our job vacancies here and get to know the Webrepublicans.
At the Performance Summit, Google showed how AdWords is expected to develop in the coming months and made it clear that Google will remain focused on mobile. This affects the appearance of the ads, targeting capabilities and design of the interface. We welcome the developments, as the new AdWords features will enable us to respond to target groups even more effectively in future.
In 2015, Google added mobile-friendliness as a ranking criterion in its algorithm. The industry was split: one camp came up with the term mobilegeddon, while the opposing camp argued keeping calm. So what has actually changed in the last year? Searchmetrics collected data to answer this question.
What is the core essence of e-commerce? An understanding of the importance of customer focus is paramount. Furthermore, «Top management must believe in customer focus before they can internalize it in an authentic way and systematically align the company with customer requirements.» If they don’t believe in the idea, it will not happen.
Facebook, Google (and Apple) are working on solutions that enable content providers to optimize their content for mobile devices. In the case of Google’s Progressive Web Apps (PWA) progress has been made already: The Washington Post, for example, clearly demonstrates how UX can be dramatically improved on mobile devices with PWA. (Open link with smartphone). Other examples can be found here. Of course, this development is not only of interest to publishers, but also to brands that want to make content more easily available to the rapidly growing crowd of mobile users.
A favorite for young users, Snapchat is trying to put its teenage years behind by appealing to marketers, brand managers and even HR managers. Although some marketers are skeptical, there are also impressive cases: Burberry, for example, uses the app to promote content created exclusively for the platform... Another proof positive that Snapchat is a force to be reckoned with, especially for brands with a strong image.
Our Analytics specialists have closely examined Google Analytics 360 and come to the conclusion that the new web analytics suite will become an important tool for many marketers. It will enable them to better understand the needs and behavior of the target groups in the multiscreen world.
Imagine that your iPhone is stolen... and the next thing you know, you’re an internet sensation in China. This is what happened to a man who wanted his iPhone back and asked the web for help...
Everything you need to know about digital marketing and the Webrepublic. Subscribe to our Newsletter here.